Thursday, February 14, 2008

Just rip them all out and I'll suck my dinner through a straw

posted by peppermint at 2:04 PM

I went to the dentist this morning because I've been having on again/off again toothaches in one of my molars - and after many X-rays and much poking and prodding I was told that I'll require a root canal in that one molar. And then, just for fun, a bunch of other dental work on teeth that aren't bothering me at all. Then maybe after that's all done they can punch me in the kidney.

I asked why I would require a root canal on a tooth that only hurts sporadically, and I was told that the tooth probably hurts all the time but that I "have such a high pain tolerance that [my] fear of the dentist outweighs the pain of the tooth." And I wanted to laugh - in fact I would have laughed at her, were I not trying so desperately to keep from throwing up on her. Because having a high tolerance for pain is not something I'm regularly accused of having. Screaming like a sissy every time I get a paper cut? Sure. Spending the whole day at work bitching about menstrual cramps and asking someone to "Kill Me. Kill Me Now?" You bet.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home