Friday, January 18, 2008

Reuniting with a past love ...

posted by peppermint at 11:14 PM

For starters - it's freaking cold here right now. I live in Wisconsin so my right to complain is practically non-existent, we sign a contract, but on my drive home from work today they were talking about how the high tomorrow is going to be -2 degrees with a wind chill of -30 and if that doesn't grant me a little latitude to bitch then I don't know what does.

When I decided I was going to try the 365 Project the realization that I'll accumulate a large volume of pictures this year hit me like a brick after only a couple of days. For every one picture that I post, there's usually a dozen other ones that I decided not to use for whatever reason, but they're still perfectly good pictures of perfectly good things so I keep them. Like all of Nicholas' "Hey mom! Take a picture of my BUTT!" pictures ... I don't post those. No thanks are necessary, it's a little service I offer to the public. Also as I'm writing this I realize that I am a despicable three days behind on posting my daily pictures online. They're taken, but they're seeking refuge on my camera's SD card until temperatures reach a balmy 20 degrees above. So .... May? Then I add to that all the pictures I take for posterity and whatnot. Like photos of Mo laying somewhere. I could fill a whole disc with my pictures of Mo passed out cold . And I still haven't done anything with my pictures from last year!

So, I've been spending the past week doing some digital scrapbooking. A little over two years ago I finally came to the realization that regular, tactile paper scrapbooking isn't for me. I'm the type of person who wants to bolt out of the house (leaving a Peppermint-sized hole in the front door) whenever a bunch of stuff is laying around, so picking up a hobby that requires LOTS OF STUFF by definition isn't good for my mental health. And when you couple my aversion to messes with my general indecisiveness, my aversion to failure, and my almost debilitating fear of glitter (don't ask!) then it was only a matter of time before someone found me curled up in the fetal position in my closet, covered in glitter, mumbling about not being able to find my random scrapbooking do-hickey. And the entire design would hinge on that one do-hickey, and without it there was no reason to go on. NO. REASON.

So back in 2005 when I discovered there was a growing community of people creating scrapbooks digitally it didn't take much to get me on board. A reason to put even more stuff on my hard drive? You bet! Keep it coming! Where do I sign up? I was enjoying myself, but then I dropped off for about a year and recently returned to find that digital designing has literally exploded onto the scrapbook scene, which helped renew my interest. Well, that and a better camera and the newest version of Photoshop.

Right now I'm just picking my way through my pictures from this past summer, before all the details of each event escape my feeble mind entirely. But I thought I'd share a few of the highlights from what I've been up to, if for no other reason than to keep my "posting v. not-posting" ratio up. Also my laptop generates heat, so I could sit here and type all night just to soak up as much of it as I can.

Clicking on any of these images will bring up a slightly larger image, if that's your sort of thing.



Shabby Princess Festival
ksharonkdesigns Note This Alpha Set


Eve Recinella Trendy Trousers Collection

And my personal favorite that I just finished tonight:


Heidi Williams Seeing Stars Papers


Thanks for looking! And I promise we're going to fix something around the house real soon. Just as soon as we can get out from underneath all the blankets.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home