Sunday, January 06, 2008

Blue is the new ugly white

posted by peppermint at 12:37 PM

The boy's bedroom is all put back together, and this morning I cleaned up all the Lego wreckage and carnage in order to take pictures of it. When I imported the pictures to my computer I wound up putting them in the wrong directory, and in searching for their location I found a folder full of bad memories. A folder named "Original House Pictures". And this was how Nicholas' bedroom looked when we bought the house - back when Nicholas was explaining to our real estate agent, Stacey, all the grand plans he had for it. Our grand plan for the room was "less ugly".



As an aside, I can't believe how tiny he looked in this picture. It was only 8 months ago and I swear he's grown a foot since then.

On our second day in the house Tom ripped up the carpet, and while I have several less blurry pictures of this event, I chose to post this one because by sheer stroke of luck I managed to capture the pet-stained Berber carpeting, a small pool of the powdery "pet stain smell cover upper" that covered the carpeting pad throughout the house, the lacy pink curtains, the wallpapered closet, and all the original woodwork. And Mo, of course. He always has his paws in whatever anyone is doing. You can enlarge the picture by clicking on it, but do so at your own risk because this level of ugliness could burn itself to your retinas and haunt you in your sleep.





This is how the room looks as of an hour ago (with a cameo appearance by "the boy" playing Lego Star Wars II):










I promised him that Bumblebee would receive VIP treatment. This was one of Tom's gifts to Nicholas for his birthday this year. It's almost as tall as he is, and Nicholas' desire to have it hung up on his wall is what drove us to get the room painted.





Labels: ,


2 Comments:

Blogger Ruka said...

Awesome work. When is my room gonna be done?

4:06 PM  
Blogger Skymosher said...

Wow! it really looks amazing. I have a similar horrible carpet in my bedroom. Nice to know that these things can be overcome. :)

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home