Monday, June 11, 2007

Tanker?! I barely knew her!!

posted by Tom at 6:48 PM

Tanker desk! It has arrived!! It actually arrived about two weeks ago to its special home. Thanks very much to its donor, also to our friend from work who helped move it in. A van, two pulled doors, a removed handrail, a man with the strength of Atlas while carrying the Heaviest Desk In The World down a flight of stairs AND the desk has landed!



Sorry for the mess, I'm still "moving in". I hope to save up some money and hopefully some time next year get it painted a nice red. It may look a little something like this...


But, you know, red and stuff.

I'm just so excited to finally get one of these. It's sturdy and space age and engineering and total geek! As a plus, my super-sized monitor, which I can tell people how huge it is but you really have to see it in person to get a good idea of its girth, sets perfectly on top of this desk. Sturdy!

It also has a typewriter tray that pops out of the big door on the left. I have strategically placed my printer in there for easy access. And a tray for paying bills and doing extra paperwork. And a file drawer. And a storage drawer. And a supplies drawer. Super cool!

Alright. I'm done fawning over my desk.

SOO COOOOL!!!

Labels:


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my!
We hauled one of those desks cross country.
Then we ended up putting it out on the curb.
I believe it found a new home some where in
Brooklyn, NY.

Julie

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2-D always takes away from the true girth of a..um.. you know...monitor. And that is an interesting 'shade' of red. It almost looks orange...or a burnt something or other. G~

12:40 PM  
Blogger Midwest Bicycle Company said...

I have the beige version of the red desk pictured. Drawers are reversed, though...my file drawer is on the right. I've tried various things over the years...painting it, adding wooden faces to the drawers - it still remains ugly. It can't be destroyed, though, and will survive a direct nuclear hit. I'll probably move mine to the basement when I get the new office done. I'll just need 3 other really strong friends to help me...

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home