Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tools GET!

posted by Tom at 11:15 PM

We have unpacked and sorted and started getting everything where it can be more easily accessed. We have peg board along two walls over a workbench in the basement that I have all the tools hung on. Pegboard is a miracle. It sorts and displays all in one hangy boardy thingy. I even bought more peg hook thingies on my latest trip to Menards.

Tools are something that both Peppermint and I love. Tools to do this, and tools to do that. Anything you want to do, there's probably a tool for it, and we will find it to use in a project...or after. Whichever. In any case, we have acquired a small collection of new tools. And now all our tools are all set up for home project easy access on our fantastic pegboard in the basement! And we're just getting started. I think every trip to Menards nets us a new tool. I've got my eye on a new Black and Decker skill saw. It's got a laser guide on it! A freakin laser beam! Mmmmm.

Next on our list of projects is:

Install new cook top (I've already started looking for the monkey)
Refinish dining room floor
Paint Living room

The Living Room paint color choice is still in deliberations. It's going to be a green. I originally chose a green called "Guacamole". We have three other versions of that color now. I think one of them is too yellow. But we got these cool little sample pots of each of the colors that we can paint on the wall and see them in the natural light during the day and night. It's a really neat idea and I'm looking forward to them making the choice easier to commit to.

Refinishing the dining room floor is my passion project. The dining room floor is a beautiful parquet floor that has been worn down to the bare wood. The corners have a bit of finish on them yet, but otherwise just bare dirty wood. I'm very excited to see how well it will sand up. And we're going to stain it to match the middle color on the laminate flooring in the entryway. After that, polyurethane the hell out of it. Smelly!

The cook top is finally out. It did not go quietly into the night. The era it was manufactured in was an era where people believed in building the hell out of appliances. Steel and aluminum and 8 gauge wire and grease and freakin fireproof cardboard all went into making this one of the best darn cook tops of its time! Now it lies in ruin on our garage floor. It sadden me sometimes to see the old swept away by the new. Especially when the old has lasted this long and still works like the day it was installed. The new, however, is sleek, slick, and stylish, which more than overwhelms my nostalgia for a by-gone era. C'est la vie.

Speaking of nostalgia, I'm dying to tell you of my new tanker desk! I can't wait for you to seeeeee iitttttt!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been admiring your tool(s) for years. ~g

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home