Monday, May 07, 2007

My-my-my-my music hits me so hard, makes me say Oh my Lord

posted by peppermint at 3:57 PM


Pictures to come of our weekend warrior projects, but I forgot to grab the memory card out of the camera this morning.

After a 3-day struggle Tom managed to wrestle the new dishwasher into place late Saturday night. It takes very little to get me to throw my arms up into the air, shout a few obscenities and walk off a job - but Tom seemingly has the patience of a Saint and I very rarely (read: never) see him frustrated. I reserve the right to find this endearing and annoying as hell all at the same time.

However, at one point on Saturday I walked into the kitchen and found him with both arms underneath the dishwasher, his head leaning up against the door, and he was just staring blankly at the floor ... not moving. The thought immediately crossed my mind that he had gotten stuck under there and after a week of home improvement projects he no longer had the strength or the will to shout for help.

After I asked him what the problem was he informed me that he was trying to get the supply line to thread onto the elbow on the bottom of the dishwasher, which had to be done while the dishwasher was already in place due to the copper pipe (of course!) in our house, and that he was now resisting the urge to beat the dishwasher with a crowbar because it refused to cooperate.

I had to fight back the tears because I was ready to beat the dishwasher about 10 minutes into the whole project, and I was glad he was finally on board.

Labels: ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home